Saturday, July 21, 2012

My Future Self Will… 50 dreams I have for my future self

1. Fit into my prom dress (Maybe even it'll be too big)
2. Thank me for this one day
3. Look in the mirror and think, "Damn, you look good." NOT "Damn, I've never seen that roll before."
4. Make my boyfriend proud
5. Make his friends jealous he's dating me
6. Make my mom stop gloating about some stuff she fits into
7. Make my mom stop reminding me that she hasn't gained any weight since she moved back from England, while I have.
8. Go swimming in a two piece and not care who's looking
9. Go swimming NAKED and not care who's looking
10. Turn heads
11. Shop in the juniors section just because I can
12. Never step into Lane Bryant EVER again
13. Play soccer again
14. Not have back problems
15. NEVER be skinny and keep my curves
16. Be confident
17. Have a best friend who's never thought I was pretty, think I'm pretty
18. Love myself
19. Wear a smaller bra size
20. Refuse to be the grenade/land mind in my group
21. Wear dresses more often
22. Throw away every piece of clothing (Except for the dresses I bought in England, the one for Tara's wedding, and the one I last wore--I'll get those altered)
23. Go out more often
24. Have clearer skin
25. Not have to tell the doctor "I don't know what to do to lose weight."
26. Go to the pool/beach and have a guy hit on me instead of the stupid 18-yr. old lying next to me
27. Go to the bar and have a guy hit on me instead of the stupid 21-yr. old sitting next to me
28. Have a waist
29. Go on a 10-mile bike ride with the BFF and climb up ALL the hills
30. Climb to the top of Mt. Crested Butte again
31. Wear a thong in front of my boyfriend, with the lights ON
32. Have sex with the lights ON
33. Be a MILF
34. Never worry about having a heart attack
35. Never worry about getting Type-2 diabetes
36. Wear skinny jeans
37. Make smaller butt prints on my couch
38. Finally become a runner (Maybe… Not a fan of it right now) ***UPDATED*** In case becoming a runner is an epic fail. NEVER wear Spanx again
39. Hear my very pretty Aunt Darlene and my cousin Rebekah tell me I look good
40. Not buy a dress from the "plus-size" department when I buy a wedding dress
41. Look good in my wedding pictures
42. Look good in my honeymoon pictures
43. Be ok with going someplace "beachy" for my honeymoon because I'll look good in a bathing suit
44. Stop being the fat friend
45. Not contemplate gastric bypass
46. Exercise more
47. Maintain my weight
48. Bake a cake and not lick batter or icing from the bowl
49. Drink more water
50. Be HAPPY with myself, my reflection, and my body for the first time ever

    I'm technically not at my heaviest I've ever been in my life.  However, I'm nowhere near where I wanted to be at this point in my life.  I've come to the conclusion that I will NEVER be skinny.  I honestly have no desire to be skinny.  But I do feel like there's a thinner version of myself trapped in this fat body.  It's been a long time since I've blogged on this blog and I haven't made much progress.  Actually, I've gained weight since I've last blogged.  These are some goals I want.  Most of them, I want to have in a year.  Some, like becoming a MILF are not likely to happen.  But I do think I'll be able to fit into my prom dress in a year.  I'll even have a smaller bra size in a year.  And maybe, just maybe, I'll become a runner.  I definitely want my boyfriend (yes, the boyfriend I have now) to be proud of me.  He says he's proud of me and loves me just the way I am.  Yes, I believe him.  But I want him to wake up next to me a year from now (maybe not precisely a year, because that'd be hard to do if I'm here and he's in Phoenix) and go "Damn, she's hot." I want to be "the hot girlfriend." I especially want my best friend, Justin to for once, think I'm pretty.  In the 14 years I've known him, to my knowledge, he's only thought I've looked pretty once.  I want him to think I look pretty all the time and not be embarrassed when we hang out together.
    These are things I want for my future self.  I could put more; but 50 seemed like a good number to stop at.  I could've put stuff on there about when I have children (aside from the MILF); like being the hot mom at soccer practice, or the mom that makes all the other moms jealous.  I also think a year is a good starting off point for these goals.  Most of them, I can achieve in a year. I know how I want to look and the clothes I want to wear.  But most of all, I know how I want to feel.  Now it's just up to me.

***UPDATE*** I really HATE running.  But so many people tell me it's rewarding, fun, and relaxing.  However, to me it's monotonous.  I'm going to TRY running a couple of times when I'm physically able to.  If I don't like it, I've added an alternate to #38 if becoming a runner doesn't work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment